Husband: Peter Gossé
Wife: Jeannétte Sonntag
Census: 1836, Kirrberg, Alsace, France; Pierre Gose; Age 61; Widower; Tisserand [weaver]; Aïeul [grandfather, but actually father] 3
Reasoning used to determine that Joannes Jacob Goßé and Margaretha Richard of Baerendorf are the parents of Peter Goßé:
1. Joannes Jacob Goßé and Margaretha Richard had a son named Peter Goßé born November 19, 1775.
2. Our Peter Goßé was probably born in 1775. His age is listed on the birth records for three of his children:
Age 30 in 1805 (Marie Barbe).
Age 33 in 1808 (Christina).
Age 35 in 1810 (Maria Barbara).
However, Peter Goßé is also listed as a witness to the birth of his grandchild, Catherine Juncker, daughter of Marie Barbe Goßé, in 1831. His age is listed there as 60 years, which corresponds to a birth year of 1771. This is most likely a misstatement.
3. Michel Goßé, 66, from Baerendorf is listed as a witness to the marriage of Catharina Goßé and Jacob Susong on October 13, 1835 in Kirrberg. Catharina Goßé is a daughter of our Peter Goßé. Michel Goßé is listed as an uncle to the bride. His birth year would be about 1768 or 1769.
4. Michel Goßé is therefore a brother to our Peter Goßé.
5. Joannes Jacob Goßé and Margaretha Richard of Baerendorf had a son named Jean Michel Goßé born November 4, 1768.
6. It is likely that Joannes Jacob Goßé and Margaretha Richard are the parents of both Peter Goßé and Michel Goßé.
Note: Peter Goßé and Christine Noblé probably married about 1803. Their marriage record would probably list the parents of Peter Goßé. However, marriage records from that year are not listed in the Kirrberg civil records. The years VII and VIII in French Republican calendar are in the Wolfskirchen records.
- St. Remi (Baerendorf, Alsace, France), Registres paroissiaux St. Remi; FHL microfilm 0720565. , Baptisms, 1775; Petrus Gossé, November 19, 1775.
- Ibid., Baptisms, 1775; Petrus Gossé, November 19, 1775.
- 1836 Census: Cantons of Bouxwiller, Drulingen, La Petite-Pierre and Sarre-Union, CD-ROM (http://www.census1836.com/: Census1836, 2008). , Pierre Gose; Age 61; Widower; Tisserand [weaver]; Aïeul [grandfather, but actually father]; Kirrberg, Canton of Drulingen, Alsace, France.
- Kirrberg, Alsace, France; FHL microfilm 0770580. , Birth Record, XII.
Birth record of Jacques Goßé (1804) shows his mother is the second wife of Peter Goßé, Christine Noblé. So Jeannétte Sonntag must have died before 1804.
- Ibid., Marriages, 1826.
Marriage of daughter Christine Goßé to Laurent Tresch, July 25, 1826.
- Ibid., Marriages, 1826.
"vingt-deux Fructidor an huit" is a date in the French Republican calendar corresponding to September 9, 1800.
Citation: Mike Voisin, iSeeAncestors (http://iSeeAncestors.com/tree/groups/public/grpf22301.html : revised December 06, 2017), Peter Gossé & Jeannétte Sonntag.
Revised: December 06, 2017
Copyright © 2000-2017 Mike Voisin. All rights reserved.